- What is the difference between FUE and strip removal method?
- Is there any difference between both methods during the plantation phase?
- What are the advantages of FUE hair transplant?
- What are the disadvantages of FUE method?
- Where can I get FUE hair transplant surgery?
Have you decided to regain your lost hair? If your answer is yes, you have another important decision to make. You have to choose between FUE (follicular unit extraction) and strip removal method of hair restoration. Surprisingly, there is contradictory information about pros and cons of each method. Some surgeons claim that FUE hair transplant is superior while some argue in the favor of strip removal. In the following paragraphs, we have discussed FUE procedures in an unbiased manner so that you can make the right decision according to your preferences. You can check hair transplant results and testimonials as well!
1. What is the difference between FUE and strip removal method?
In the first phase of a hair transplant procedure, we need to extract donor hair from the donor area. FUE and strip removal method extract donor hair in different ways.
In strip removal method, your hair transplant surgeon excises a strip-like portion of the scalp from the back of your head. After excising the strip, your surgeon closes the remaining portion of the scalp with the help of sutures. The excised strip contains the required number of hair follicles. The surgery team separates individual hair follicles from this strip using stereoscopic microscopes. These separated hair follicles are now ready for plantation.
2. Is there any difference between both methods during the plantation phase?
No, plantation phase of both procedures has no difference. In both cases, your surgeon creates tiny holes, called sites, in the recipient area and carefully places the extracted hair follicles in these sites.
3. What are the advantages of FUE hair transplant?
This variation in the extraction method has offered many advantages over traditional strip removal extraction method. Here is a list of the important advantages of FUE hair transplantation method.
a. Less invasive: While strip removal method needs to remove an entire strip-like portion of the scalp, FUE only targets the required hair follicles and removes very small part of the scalp. Many people find the idea of small punches far comfortable as compared to the removal of their scalp portion.
b. No linear scarring: Many people avoid hair transplant due to the linear scar it produces in the donor area. In contrast, follicular unit extraction does not produce a linear scar. It produces tiny pinhole scars in the donor area. However, these tiny scars are hardly visible and easy to conceal. This is the reason, people feel more comfortable with tiny scars produced by FUE method.
c. More options to harvest donor hair: The availability of donor hair is always a concern for hair transplant seekers. While strip removal method is only feasible to harvest hair from the back of the head, FUE can extract hair follicles from body parts like beard, chest, and legs. This enables hair transplant seekers with limited donor hairs on head to have a hair transplant using body hair.
d. Quick recovery and less discomfort: Due to the less invasive nature of FUE, it offers a quick recovery. This is particularly desirable for busy professionals who want to get back to work quickly. Additionally, the FUE method does not cause stiffness of the neck that is associated with strip removal method.
4. What are the disadvantages of FUE method?
Here are some disadvantages (or shortcomings) of FUE hair transplant method.
1. Requires more time and effort from the surgeon: Harvesting donor hair through FUE requires considerably more time and effort from the surgeon as compared to strip removal. Your surgery performed through FUE takes few hours longer than strip removal.
2. Cost: Due to additional skill, time, and effort requirements, surgeons charge more for FUE.
5. Where can I get FUE hair transplant surgery?
FUE procedure is scarfree, painless and affordable. Choose our Budapest Hair Clinic in Hungary to get high quality hair loss treatment at an affordable cost. You can save as much as 60-70% on local UK hair transplant costs.